We had a young man come in today with a pretty sad looking cell phone. I asked him what happened and he told me that a friend of his told him that a great way to charge his phone quickly was to put it in the microwave.
This is what his phone looked like after he “nuked” it. We weren’t able to repair this particular phone because the microwave melted everything. Normally we can fix most anything, but not in this situation.
Please, no matter what your friends tell you, DON”T MICROWAVE YOUR SMART PHONE !!